- Busy Days at the Heron Rookery
- The Hungry Griz
- The Owl and the Fox
- The Wait: Life and Death in Yellowstone
- Malheur Wildlife Refuge
- The Christmas Tree Hunt
- The Montana Bird Project
- Too Close
- Up Coyote Gulch: In Through the Crack in the Wall and Out the Scary “Sneaker Route”
- Small Wonders
- Sandhill Cranes in the Smoke
- Six Days in Grizzly Country: A Backpack in the Scapegoat Wilderness
- Backpack to the “Not Unduly Spectacular.” Curly Lake, Tobacco Root Mountains.
- Bigfoot in the Park and Other Wonders of Glacier
- Travels with my Coffee Cup
Blog AwardsWhile I appreciate award nominations, I've chosen to not accept these awards. Your visits and comments are more than enough reward for me.
Blogs I Follow
- Will Travel For Birds
- Big Sky Walker
- Sophie on the A.T.
- Receiving Time
- Etchart Originals
- One World, Two Feet
- Adventure 69°North
- LEISURELY LOST
- Wandering Wives
- Crazy Aunt Tracy's Corkscrew Adventures
- The Chronicles of a Ranch Diva
- lesser places
- Checking In.
- Where is Ruthi?
Category Archives: Humor
Let’s start with the weird. A baby Great Horned Owl should be cute, right? But this guy…just plain scary. Owls are often walking the line between cute and horrifying. Not sure which side these two fall on: Muskrats could be … Continue reading
Waaaaay off in the distance – at least a mile away – we could see a brown dot moving around a meadow. There was no one around with a good scope, so we had to depend on our binoculars to … Continue reading
to be more like the wonderful human being who posted this warning at a local trailhead: Happy New Year everyone!
I seem to have more than my share of Bah Humbug genes, so December is not one of my favorite months. Really, all this dark and cold? Bah. Humbug. But I am rather fond of making lists, and the end … Continue reading
and they’re gonna say it, by golly. Think birds are just sitting around, singing the occasional ditty, dreaming about the next worm? Think again, my friend. There’s a lot going on in those birdbrains. Take this little Eastern Kingbird family. … Continue reading
These dudes think they’re so clever. Like they think I won’t notice that they’ve totally ripped off their “disguise”? You know they’re up to no good – planning a heist or a bird-napping. And the hairdos that some birds come up with are … Continue reading