- Busy Days at the Heron Rookery
- The Hungry Griz
- The Owl and the Fox
- The Wait: Life and Death in Yellowstone
- Malheur Wildlife Refuge
- The Christmas Tree Hunt
- The Montana Bird Project
- Too Close
- Up Coyote Gulch: In Through the Crack in the Wall and Out the Scary “Sneaker Route”
- Small Wonders
- Sandhill Cranes in the Smoke
- Six Days in Grizzly Country: A Backpack in the Scapegoat Wilderness
- Backpack to the “Not Unduly Spectacular.” Curly Lake, Tobacco Root Mountains.
- Bigfoot in the Park and Other Wonders of Glacier
- Travels with my Coffee Cup
Blog AwardsWhile I appreciate award nominations, I've chosen to not accept these awards. Your visits and comments are more than enough reward for me.
Blogs I Follow
- Will Travel For Birds
- Big Sky Walker
- Sophie on the A.T.
- Receiving Time
- Etchart Originals
- One World, Two Feet
- Adventure 69°North
- LEISURELY LOST
- Wandering Wives
- Crazy Aunt Tracy's Corkscrew Adventures
- The Chronicles of a Ranch Diva
- lesser places
- Checking In.
- Where is Ruthi?
Category Archives: Photography
Sounds impressive, eh? Surely The Montana Bird Project has the sponsorship of the Nature Conservancy or Audubon. It even sounds like there are concurrent projects going on in every state, all leading up to a whiz-bang finish: The … Continue reading
The combination of a smoky morning and a long-distance shot gives these Sandhill Cranes the mysterious, other-worldly quality they deserve, don’t you think?
They’re out there. You know they are. The critters are all around us, watching…they know we’re there, that’s for sure. If we’re patient, we might find them. There’s someone on this snowy Yellowstone hillside. Do you see him? No? … Continue reading
The snow geese are landing, the eagles are in their nests, and the meadowlarks have found their favorite fence posts. Nature keeps on truckin’, and all’s well in this little corner of the world… Happy spring!
Yesterday’s task was to try and find a Great Horned Owl that we knew was hanging around some old cottonwoods not too far from our house. We tramped around the slushy woods, looking for that distinctive owl silhouette on … Continue reading
7:00 a.m., November 6, 2014. Freezout Lake, Montana