- Busy Days at the Heron Rookery
- The Hungry Griz
- The Owl and the Fox
- The Wait: Life and Death in Yellowstone
- Malheur Wildlife Refuge
- The Christmas Tree Hunt
- The Montana Bird Project
- Too Close
- Up Coyote Gulch: In Through the Crack in the Wall and Out the Scary “Sneaker Route”
- Small Wonders
- Sandhill Cranes in the Smoke
- Six Days in Grizzly Country: A Backpack in the Scapegoat Wilderness
- Backpack to the “Not Unduly Spectacular.” Curly Lake, Tobacco Root Mountains.
- Bigfoot in the Park and Other Wonders of Glacier
- Travels with my Coffee Cup
Join 928 other subscribers
Blog AwardsWhile I appreciate award nominations, I've chosen to not accept these awards. Your visits and comments are more than enough reward for me.
Blogs I Follow
- Will Travel For Birds
- Big Sky Walker
- Sophie on the A.T.
- Molly McCahan
- Etchart Originals
- One World, Two Feet
- Adventure 69°North
- LEISURELY LOST
- Wandering Wives
- Crazy Aunt Tracy's Corkscrew Adventures
- The Chronicles of a Ranch Diva
- lesser places
- Checking In.
- Where is Ruthi?
- Feathered Photography
Tag Archives: Osprey
These Birds Have Something to Say….
and they’re gonna say it, by golly. Think birds are just sitting around, singing the occasional ditty, dreaming about the next worm? Think again, my friend. There’s a lot going on in those birdbrains. Take this little Eastern Kingbird family. … Continue reading
Posted in Birding, Humor, Nature, Outdoors, Photography, Wildlife Tagged Catbird, Eastern Kingbird, Osprey, Red Crossbill, talking birds 16 Comments
A Montana Morning on the Riverbank
I’m sitting on the bank of the Madison River: morning sunshine warming my back, yellow warblers flitting through the willows along the shore, a lone osprey making his way up and down the river looking for breakfast in the muddy … Continue reading
Posted in Birding, Life, Montana, Nature, Outdoors, Wildlife Tagged Madison River, Osprey, Yellow Warbler 12 Comments
The Osprey has Landed
When I’m photographing birds, my hope is that my picture will show the true spirt of the bird I’m seeing. It’s not easy. But sometimes I feel like I’m getting close. (I’m participating in The Prairier Birder’s “Feathers on … Continue reading
Posted in Birding, Montana, Nature, Outdoors, Photography Tagged Montana, Osprey, Osprey and nest 16 Comments