- Busy Days at the Heron Rookery
- The Hungry Griz
- The Owl and the Fox
- The Wait: Life and Death in Yellowstone
- Malheur Wildlife Refuge
- The Christmas Tree Hunt
- The Montana Bird Project
- Too Close
- Up Coyote Gulch: In Through the Crack in the Wall and Out the Scary “Sneaker Route”
- Small Wonders
- Sandhill Cranes in the Smoke
- Six Days in Grizzly Country: A Backpack in the Scapegoat Wilderness
- Backpack to the “Not Unduly Spectacular.” Curly Lake, Tobacco Root Mountains.
- Bigfoot in the Park and Other Wonders of Glacier
- Travels with my Coffee Cup
Blog AwardsWhile I appreciate award nominations, I've chosen to not accept these awards. Your visits and comments are more than enough reward for me.
Blogs I Follow
- Sophie on the A.T.
- Receiving Time
- Etchart Originals
- One World, Two Feet
- Adventure 69°North
- LEISURELY LOST
- Wandering Wives
- Crazy Aunt Tracy's Corkscrew Adventures
- The Chronicles of a Ranch Diva
- lesser places
- Checking In.
- Where is Ruthi?
- Feathered Photography
Category Archives: Caribbean
A few years ago an issue of Backpacker magazine included articles on both McCart Lookout in southwestern Montana and Grand Gulch in southeastern Utah, two places I just love. I was both pleased and dismayed: pleased that the magazine agreed that these two wonderful … Continue reading
The winter solstice is nearly here, and I’m working hard at embracing the beauty of cold and darkness. Nonetheless, it’s hard not to think about warmth and sunshine. Carriacou, West Indies. Yes, Carriacou does pretty much look just like a perfect postcard of … Continue reading