- Busy Days at the Heron Rookery
- The Hungry Griz
- The Owl and the Fox
- The Wait: Life and Death in Yellowstone
- Malheur Wildlife Refuge
- The Christmas Tree Hunt
- The Montana Bird Project
- Too Close
- Up Coyote Gulch: In Through the Crack in the Wall and Out the Scary “Sneaker Route”
- Small Wonders
- Sandhill Cranes in the Smoke
- Six Days in Grizzly Country: A Backpack in the Scapegoat Wilderness
- Backpack to the “Not Unduly Spectacular.” Curly Lake, Tobacco Root Mountains.
- Bigfoot in the Park and Other Wonders of Glacier
- Travels with my Coffee Cup
Join 929 other subscribers
Blog AwardsWhile I appreciate award nominations, I've chosen to not accept these awards. Your visits and comments are more than enough reward for me.
Blogs I Follow
- Will Travel For Birds
- Big Sky Walker
- Sophie on the A.T.
- Recieving Time
- Etchart Originals
- One World, Two Feet
- Adventure 69°North
- LEISURELY LOST
- Wandering Wives
- Crazy Aunt Tracy's Corkscrew Adventures
- The Chronicles of a Ranch Diva
- lesser places
- Checking In.
- Where is Ruthi?
- Feathered Photography
Tag Archives: Heron Rookery
Busy Days at the Heron Rookery
If only we would all get along as well as the birds I’ve been watching this month at the heron rookery. In early March the Canada Geese were busy checking out the various nests in the rookery, apparently staking their … Continue reading
Herons: the Zen and the Not-So-Zen
Herons have always seemed particularly Buddha-like to me, despite their distinctly non-chubby physiques. They stand in a meditative trance, perfectly able to stay that way for as long as they want. When they’re fishing they’re masters of patience, ever … Continue reading
Posted in Birding, Montana, Nature, Wildlife Tagged Great Blue Herons, Heron Rookery, Zen Herons 6 Comments