- Busy Days at the Heron Rookery
- The Hungry Griz
- The Owl and the Fox
- The Wait: Life and Death in Yellowstone
- Malheur Wildlife Refuge
- The Christmas Tree Hunt
- The Montana Bird Project
- Too Close
- Up Coyote Gulch: In Through the Crack in the Wall and Out the Scary “Sneaker Route”
- Small Wonders
- Sandhill Cranes in the Smoke
- Six Days in Grizzly Country: A Backpack in the Scapegoat Wilderness
- Backpack to the “Not Unduly Spectacular.” Curly Lake, Tobacco Root Mountains.
- Bigfoot in the Park and Other Wonders of Glacier
- Travels with my Coffee Cup
Join 928 other subscribers
Blog AwardsWhile I appreciate award nominations, I've chosen to not accept these awards. Your visits and comments are more than enough reward for me.
Blogs I Follow
- Will Travel For Birds
- Big Sky Walker
- Sophie on the A.T.
- Molly McCahan
- Etchart Originals
- One World, Two Feet
- Adventure 69°North
- LEISURELY LOST
- Wandering Wives
- Crazy Aunt Tracy's Corkscrew Adventures
- The Chronicles of a Ranch Diva
- lesser places
- Checking In.
- Where is Ruthi?
Tag Archives: travel
Hauling a 5 year old to the middle of China for 4 months can have its drawbacks, I supppose. But looking back on it these many years later, I can’t remember what they are. And now that the 5 year old is a wonderful, curious and adventurous 27 year old, … Continue reading
One of the charms of Montana is that we can live in town, but decide on the spur of the moment to rent a ranger station for the night, pack up, and be at the trailhead in a couple of … Continue reading
The winter solstice is nearly here, and I’m working hard at embracing the beauty of cold and darkness. Nonetheless, it’s hard not to think about warmth and sunshine. Carriacou, West Indies. Yes, Carriacou does pretty much look just like a perfect postcard of … Continue reading
Ever thought about what it would be like to be on top of a mountain in a lookout tower in a thunderstorm? Our first visit to McCart Lookout, near Sula, Montana, was in late June, which is thunderstorm season in … Continue reading