- Busy Days at the Heron Rookery
- The Hungry Griz
- The Owl and the Fox
- The Wait: Life and Death in Yellowstone
- Malheur Wildlife Refuge
- The Christmas Tree Hunt
- The Montana Bird Project
- Too Close
- Up Coyote Gulch: In Through the Crack in the Wall and Out the Scary “Sneaker Route”
- Small Wonders
- Sandhill Cranes in the Smoke
- Six Days in Grizzly Country: A Backpack in the Scapegoat Wilderness
- Backpack to the “Not Unduly Spectacular.” Curly Lake, Tobacco Root Mountains.
- Bigfoot in the Park and Other Wonders of Glacier
- Travels with my Coffee Cup
Join 927 other followers
Blog AwardsWhile I appreciate award nominations, I've chosen to not accept these awards. Your visits and comments are more than enough reward for me.
Blogs I Follow
- Will Travel For Birds
- Big Sky Walker
- Sophie on the A.T.
- Receiving Time
- Etchart Originals
- One World, Two Feet
- Adventure 69°North
- LEISURELY LOST
- Wandering Wives
- Crazy Aunt Tracy's Corkscrew Adventures
- The Chronicles of a Ranch Diva
- lesser places
- Checking In.
- Where is Ruthi?
Tag Archives: grizzly bear
This fellow is one of the usual suspects: his name is Scarface, and I’ve seen him before in Yellowstone. He’s over twenty years old, with a mangled right ear, and..yes..a scarred face from too many run-ins with other grizzlies. I’ve … Continue reading
I’m afraid of grizzly bears. Especially at night. In a tent. In the wilderness. And, as I’ve mentioned earlier, this fear has kept me from backpacking in Yellowstone or Glacier National Parks. It’s frustrating, though — Montana is full of gorgeous … Continue reading
Fall: Kintla Lake Winter: MacDonald Creek Summer: Highline Trail, Many Glacier, St. Mary