- Busy Days at the Heron Rookery
- The Hungry Griz
- The Owl and the Fox
- The Wait: Life and Death in Yellowstone
- Malheur Wildlife Refuge
- The Christmas Tree Hunt
- The Montana Bird Project
- Too Close
- Up Coyote Gulch: In Through the Crack in the Wall and Out the Scary “Sneaker Route”
- Small Wonders
- Sandhill Cranes in the Smoke
- Six Days in Grizzly Country: A Backpack in the Scapegoat Wilderness
- Backpack to the “Not Unduly Spectacular.” Curly Lake, Tobacco Root Mountains.
- Bigfoot in the Park and Other Wonders of Glacier
- Travels with my Coffee Cup
Join 929 other subscribers
Blog AwardsWhile I appreciate award nominations, I've chosen to not accept these awards. Your visits and comments are more than enough reward for me.
Blogs I Follow
- Will Travel For Birds
- Big Sky Walker
- Sophie on the A.T.
- Recieving Time
- Etchart Originals
- One World, Two Feet
- Adventure 69°North
- LEISURELY LOST
- Wandering Wives
- Crazy Aunt Tracy's Corkscrew Adventures
- The Chronicles of a Ranch Diva
- lesser places
- Checking In.
- Where is Ruthi?
- Feathered Photography
Tag Archives: Montana wildlife
Pelican Island and Other Wonders of a Blustery Saturday
A winter storm warning put a crimp in our plans for a long spring hike this past Saturday. Instead, we checked out the weather, saw the storm heading our way from the northwest and decided to head southeast and see … Continue reading
Posted in Birding, Montana, Nature, Outdoors, Wildlife Tagged elk herd, Montana wildlife, mountain goats Avalanche Gulch, white pelicans 25 Comments
Snow Geese in the Fog: Shades of White and Gray
Freezeout Lake, Fairfield, Montana. Seventy-thousand of them, and it looked like we’d get skunked and not see a single one. We’d arrived later than we wanted because of the dense fog that was blanketing central Montana. We parked at a spot on … Continue reading
Posted in Adventure, Birding, Montana, Nature, Outdoors, Photography, Travel, Wildlife Tagged birding, Central Montana, Fairfield Montana, Freezeout Lake, Montana, Montana wildlife, Snow Geese migration 8 Comments