- Busy Days at the Heron Rookery
- The Hungry Griz
- The Owl and the Fox
- The Wait: Life and Death in Yellowstone
- Malheur Wildlife Refuge
- The Christmas Tree Hunt
- The Montana Bird Project
- Too Close
- Up Coyote Gulch: In Through the Crack in the Wall and Out the Scary “Sneaker Route”
- Small Wonders
- Sandhill Cranes in the Smoke
- Six Days in Grizzly Country: A Backpack in the Scapegoat Wilderness
- Backpack to the “Not Unduly Spectacular.” Curly Lake, Tobacco Root Mountains.
- Bigfoot in the Park and Other Wonders of Glacier
- Travels with my Coffee Cup
Join 928 other subscribers
Blog AwardsWhile I appreciate award nominations, I've chosen to not accept these awards. Your visits and comments are more than enough reward for me.
Blogs I Follow
- Will Travel For Birds
- Big Sky Walker
- Sophie on the A.T.
- Molly McCahan
- Etchart Originals
- One World, Two Feet
- Adventure 69°North
- LEISURELY LOST
- Wandering Wives
- Crazy Aunt Tracy's Corkscrew Adventures
- The Chronicles of a Ranch Diva
- lesser places
- Checking In.
- Where is Ruthi?
- Feathered Photography
Tag Archives: Freezout Lake Wildlife Management Area
A Nice Batch of Eagles
Snow geese weren’t the only migrators at Freezout Lake last week. We were thrilled to discover a healthy bunch of bald eagles gathered at the south end of the lake. We counted at least fifty of them – all ages – sitting … Continue reading
Posted in Birding, Montana, Nature, Outdoors, Wildlife Tagged Bald eagles Freezout Lake, Freezout Lake, Freezout Lake Wildlife Management Area 19 Comments
Prairie, Lake and Sky: Solitude at Freezout Lake
Solitude can be hard to come by on a holiday weekend, even in sparsely populated Montana. But we found it, in the wide open prairie at the edge of the Rocky Mountain Front: Freezout Lake Wildlife Management Area. The migratory … Continue reading
Posted in Camping, Montana, Nature, Outdoors, Wildlife Tagged Freezout Lake, Freezout Lake Wildlife Management Area 10 Comments