- Busy Days at the Heron Rookery
- The Hungry Griz
- The Owl and the Fox
- The Wait: Life and Death in Yellowstone
- Malheur Wildlife Refuge
- The Christmas Tree Hunt
- The Montana Bird Project
- Too Close
- Up Coyote Gulch: In Through the Crack in the Wall and Out the Scary “Sneaker Route”
- Small Wonders
- Sandhill Cranes in the Smoke
- Six Days in Grizzly Country: A Backpack in the Scapegoat Wilderness
- Backpack to the “Not Unduly Spectacular.” Curly Lake, Tobacco Root Mountains.
- Bigfoot in the Park and Other Wonders of Glacier
- Travels with my Coffee Cup
Blog AwardsWhile I appreciate award nominations, I've chosen to not accept these awards. Your visits and comments are more than enough reward for me.
Blogs I Follow
- Big Sky Walker
- Sophie on the A.T.
- Receiving Time
- Etchart Originals
- One World, Two Feet
- Adventure 69°North
- LEISURELY LOST
- Wandering Wives
- Crazy Aunt Tracy's Corkscrew Adventures
- The Chronicles of a Ranch Diva
- lesser places
- Checking In.
- Where is Ruthi?
- Feathered Photography
Tag Archives: Freezout Lake
Snow geese weren’t the only migrators at Freezout Lake last week. We were thrilled to discover a healthy bunch of bald eagles gathered at the south end of the lake. We counted at least fifty of them – all ages – sitting … Continue reading
The snow geese are migrating, and earlier this week they were headed right for me. I’d heard that there were 35,000 snow geese at Freezout Lake in central Montana, so one afternoon we loaded up the camper and ended up … Continue reading
The snow geese are on the move. 35,000 of them landed at Freezout Lake over the past few days, and last night I heard them calling to each other as they flew over Helena, heading southwest. Just think: the birds … Continue reading