- Busy Days at the Heron Rookery
- The Hungry Griz
- The Owl and the Fox
- The Wait: Life and Death in Yellowstone
- Malheur Wildlife Refuge
- The Christmas Tree Hunt
- The Montana Bird Project
- Too Close
- Up Coyote Gulch: In Through the Crack in the Wall and Out the Scary “Sneaker Route”
- Small Wonders
- Sandhill Cranes in the Smoke
- Six Days in Grizzly Country: A Backpack in the Scapegoat Wilderness
- Backpack to the “Not Unduly Spectacular.” Curly Lake, Tobacco Root Mountains.
- Bigfoot in the Park and Other Wonders of Glacier
- Travels with my Coffee Cup
Join 929 other subscribers
Blog AwardsWhile I appreciate award nominations, I've chosen to not accept these awards. Your visits and comments are more than enough reward for me.
Blogs I Follow
- Will Travel For Birds
- Big Sky Walker
- Sophie on the A.T.
- Recieving Time
- Etchart Originals
- One World, Two Feet
- Adventure 69°North
- LEISURELY LOST
- Wandering Wives
- Crazy Aunt Tracy's Corkscrew Adventures
- The Chronicles of a Ranch Diva
- lesser places
- Checking In.
- Where is Ruthi?
- Feathered Photography
Tag Archives: ghost signs
Folks in Montana have a special affection for the city of Butte. It’s the only city in Montana that has a truly ethnic feel: if your family is Irish, Serbian, Croatian, Finnish, Italian, Cornish, or Welsh, and was in Montana … Continue reading
Posted in Architecture, Montana, Photography, Travel Tagged beer signs, Butte, Butte Montana, ghost signs, mining, Montana history 14 Comments
Ghost Signs, Ghost Town, and a Snowshoe to a Sad Cemetery
Today we headed for the ghost town of Elkhorn so that we could snowshoe to the old Elkhorn cemetery, which is on a hilltop about a mile outside of town. The nearest town to Elkhorn is Boulder, Montana, a little town … Continue reading
Posted in Adventure, Hiking, Montana, Nature, Outdoors, Photography, Travel Tagged adventure, Elkhorn, ghost signs, ghost towns, Hikes, Montana, Montana winter, old cemeteries, winter hikes 11 Comments