- Busy Days at the Heron Rookery
- The Hungry Griz
- The Owl and the Fox
- The Wait: Life and Death in Yellowstone
- Malheur Wildlife Refuge
- The Christmas Tree Hunt
- The Montana Bird Project
- Too Close
- Up Coyote Gulch: In Through the Crack in the Wall and Out the Scary “Sneaker Route”
- Small Wonders
- Sandhill Cranes in the Smoke
- Six Days in Grizzly Country: A Backpack in the Scapegoat Wilderness
- Backpack to the “Not Unduly Spectacular.” Curly Lake, Tobacco Root Mountains.
- Bigfoot in the Park and Other Wonders of Glacier
- Travels with my Coffee Cup
Join 928 other subscribers
Blog AwardsWhile I appreciate award nominations, I've chosen to not accept these awards. Your visits and comments are more than enough reward for me.
Blogs I Follow
- Will Travel For Birds
- Big Sky Walker
- Sophie on the A.T.
- Molly McCahan
- Etchart Originals
- One World, Two Feet
- Adventure 69°North
- LEISURELY LOST
- Wandering Wives
- Crazy Aunt Tracy's Corkscrew Adventures
- The Chronicles of a Ranch Diva
- lesser places
- Checking In.
- Where is Ruthi?
- Feathered Photography
Tag Archives: Montana winter
Ghost Signs, Ghost Town, and a Snowshoe to a Sad Cemetery
Today we headed for the ghost town of Elkhorn so that we could snowshoe to the old Elkhorn cemetery, which is on a hilltop about a mile outside of town. The nearest town to Elkhorn is Boulder, Montana, a little town … Continue reading
Posted in Adventure, Hiking, Montana, Nature, Outdoors, Photography, Travel Tagged adventure, Elkhorn, ghost signs, ghost towns, Hikes, Montana, Montana winter, old cemeteries, winter hikes 11 Comments
Garnet, Montana: Ghost Encounters of the Old Kind
January, 2010. Trudging up the steep and icy Forest Service road that leads to the ghost town of Garnet. Cold feet, cold hands, runny nose. Beautiful scenery, but still…cold feet, cold hands, runny nose. To distract myself, I think about Emily Thomas, who … Continue reading
Posted in Adventure, Camping, Hiking, Montana, Nature, Outdoors, Photography, Travel Tagged cross country skiing, Garnet ghost town, ghost town, mining camp, Montana outdoors, Montana winter, Snowshoes, winter cabins 11 Comments
Posted in Nature, Photography Tagged cross country skiing, Montana winter, Snow, snow pictures, winter 4 Comments