- Busy Days at the Heron Rookery
- The Hungry Griz
- The Owl and the Fox
- The Wait: Life and Death in Yellowstone
- Malheur Wildlife Refuge
- The Christmas Tree Hunt
- The Montana Bird Project
- Too Close
- Up Coyote Gulch: In Through the Crack in the Wall and Out the Scary “Sneaker Route”
- Small Wonders
- Sandhill Cranes in the Smoke
- Six Days in Grizzly Country: A Backpack in the Scapegoat Wilderness
- Backpack to the “Not Unduly Spectacular.” Curly Lake, Tobacco Root Mountains.
- Bigfoot in the Park and Other Wonders of Glacier
- Travels with my Coffee Cup
Join 928 other subscribers
Blog AwardsWhile I appreciate award nominations, I've chosen to not accept these awards. Your visits and comments are more than enough reward for me.
Blogs I Follow
- Will Travel For Birds
- Big Sky Walker
- Sophie on the A.T.
- Molly McCahan
- Etchart Originals
- One World, Two Feet
- Adventure 69°North
- LEISURELY LOST
- Wandering Wives
- Crazy Aunt Tracy's Corkscrew Adventures
- The Chronicles of a Ranch Diva
- lesser places
- Checking In.
- Where is Ruthi?
Tag Archives: Mammoth Campground
Mammoth Campground, Yellowstone National Park. December, 2013. Once again we’re all alone for two cold nights in Mammoth Campground. Yellowstone in winter – especially before the Mammoth Hotel is open – can be harsh and cold, but there’s a stark beauty that’s worth a … Continue reading
Mammoth Campground, Yellowstone National Park, December 21, 2012, 4:43 p.m. The shortest day of the year has just ended, and the long night is beginning. We are the only campers in Mammoth Campground on this calm and silent winter solstice. … Continue reading