- Busy Days at the Heron Rookery
- The Hungry Griz
- The Owl and the Fox
- The Wait: Life and Death in Yellowstone
- Malheur Wildlife Refuge
- The Christmas Tree Hunt
- The Montana Bird Project
- Too Close
- Up Coyote Gulch: In Through the Crack in the Wall and Out the Scary “Sneaker Route”
- Small Wonders
- Sandhill Cranes in the Smoke
- Six Days in Grizzly Country: A Backpack in the Scapegoat Wilderness
- Backpack to the “Not Unduly Spectacular.” Curly Lake, Tobacco Root Mountains.
- Bigfoot in the Park and Other Wonders of Glacier
- Travels with my Coffee Cup
Join 929 other subscribers
Blog AwardsWhile I appreciate award nominations, I've chosen to not accept these awards. Your visits and comments are more than enough reward for me.
Blogs I Follow
- Will Travel For Birds
- Big Sky Walker
- Sophie on the A.T.
- Recieving Time
- Etchart Originals
- One World, Two Feet
- Adventure 69°North
- LEISURELY LOST
- Wandering Wives
- Crazy Aunt Tracy's Corkscrew Adventures
- The Chronicles of a Ranch Diva
- lesser places
- Checking In.
- Where is Ruthi?
- Feathered Photography
Tag Archives: Winter Solstice
Snow and Solitude: A Yellowstone Solstice
Mammoth Campground, Yellowstone National Park, December 21, 2012, 4:43 p.m. The shortest day of the year has just ended, and the long night is beginning. We are the only campers in Mammoth Campground on this calm and silent winter solstice. … Continue reading
Posted in Hiking, Montana, Nature, Outdoors, Photography, Yellowstone Tagged Mammoth Campground, winter camping, Winter Solstice, Yellowstone 27 Comments
Countdown to the the Solstice
The dark, cold, windy days of November and December are hard to love. I crave the light, and these days that keep getting shorter and shorter are a true test of my resolve to live in the moment. I count … Continue reading
Posted in Hiking, Life, Nature, Outdoors Tagged Coyote Gulch, Grand Gulch, Montana, Utah, Winter doldrums, Winter Solstice 23 Comments