- Busy Days at the Heron Rookery
- The Hungry Griz
- The Owl and the Fox
- The Wait: Life and Death in Yellowstone
- Malheur Wildlife Refuge
- The Christmas Tree Hunt
- The Montana Bird Project
- Too Close
- Up Coyote Gulch: In Through the Crack in the Wall and Out the Scary “Sneaker Route”
- Small Wonders
- Sandhill Cranes in the Smoke
- Six Days in Grizzly Country: A Backpack in the Scapegoat Wilderness
- Backpack to the “Not Unduly Spectacular.” Curly Lake, Tobacco Root Mountains.
- Bigfoot in the Park and Other Wonders of Glacier
- Travels with my Coffee Cup
Join 927 other followers
Blog AwardsWhile I appreciate award nominations, I've chosen to not accept these awards. Your visits and comments are more than enough reward for me.
Blogs I Follow
- Will Travel For Birds
- Big Sky Walker
- Sophie on the A.T.
- Receiving Time
- Etchart Originals
- One World, Two Feet
- Adventure 69°North
- LEISURELY LOST
- Wandering Wives
- Crazy Aunt Tracy's Corkscrew Adventures
- The Chronicles of a Ranch Diva
- lesser places
- Checking In.
- Where is Ruthi?
Tag Archives: Montana hikes
A few years ago a friend of mine from New Jersey was surprised that I wanted to head to the Caribbean in May. “Why leave in May? Just when the weather is getting wonderful, and you can start backpacking?” Right. We’ve … Continue reading
My favorite part about living right in town is that I can pretend that urban sprawl has skipped Helena, Montana. It hasn’t, but the old downtown part of Helena butts right up against hills and mountains that are protected from development. The city stops and open space … Continue reading
Sometimes I need a reminder to stop and see the wonders of my own neighborhood, and I appreciate bloggers who — Thoreau-like — keep their focus small and remind me to do the same. Two of my favorites are Some Little Crum Creek and Walks Under the Trees. They … Continue reading