- Busy Days at the Heron Rookery
- The Hungry Griz
- The Owl and the Fox
- The Wait: Life and Death in Yellowstone
- Malheur Wildlife Refuge
- The Christmas Tree Hunt
- The Montana Bird Project
- Too Close
- Up Coyote Gulch: In Through the Crack in the Wall and Out the Scary “Sneaker Route”
- Small Wonders
- Sandhill Cranes in the Smoke
- Six Days in Grizzly Country: A Backpack in the Scapegoat Wilderness
- Backpack to the “Not Unduly Spectacular.” Curly Lake, Tobacco Root Mountains.
- Bigfoot in the Park and Other Wonders of Glacier
- Travels with my Coffee Cup
Join 929 other subscribers
Blog AwardsWhile I appreciate award nominations, I've chosen to not accept these awards. Your visits and comments are more than enough reward for me.
Blogs I Follow
- Will Travel For Birds
- Big Sky Walker
- Sophie on the A.T.
- Recieving Time
- Etchart Originals
- One World, Two Feet
- Adventure 69°North
- LEISURELY LOST
- Wandering Wives
- Crazy Aunt Tracy's Corkscrew Adventures
- The Chronicles of a Ranch Diva
- lesser places
- Checking In.
- Where is Ruthi?
- Feathered Photography
Tag Archives: Yellowstone grizzly
The Hungry Griz
Imagine you’re a big old Yellowstone grizzly bear who’s just woken after your winter sleep. Food. You need food. Now imagine that you’re lucky enough to be wandering around the Blacktail Ponds in Yellowstone on an early spring day, and … Continue reading
Posted in Food, Montana, Nature, Outdoors, Wildlife, Yellowstone Tagged grizzly and coyote and eagle, grizzly feeding, Grizzly on carcass, Yellowstone grizzly 22 Comments
Beware the Steaming Bear
It’s not unusual to come upon plumes of steam coming from the ground when you’re hiking in Yellowstone. You just walk around the vent, and keep on your way. Sometimes though, the steam in front of you is not … Continue reading
Posted in Hiking, Montana, Nature, Wildlife, Yellowstone Tagged close call with grizzly bear, Yellowstone grizzly 16 Comments
#really??!!!?? #getagrip #areyoukiddingme? OK. Just had to vent a little. Believe me, my lone Republican Congressman is hearing from me. Every day. And no, I’m not just mad because I can’t go to the national parks. But I’ll spare you the … Continue reading