- Busy Days at the Heron Rookery
- The Hungry Griz
- The Owl and the Fox
- The Wait: Life and Death in Yellowstone
- Malheur Wildlife Refuge
- The Christmas Tree Hunt
- The Montana Bird Project
- Too Close
- Up Coyote Gulch: In Through the Crack in the Wall and Out the Scary “Sneaker Route”
- Small Wonders
- Sandhill Cranes in the Smoke
- Six Days in Grizzly Country: A Backpack in the Scapegoat Wilderness
- Backpack to the “Not Unduly Spectacular.” Curly Lake, Tobacco Root Mountains.
- Bigfoot in the Park and Other Wonders of Glacier
- Travels with my Coffee Cup
Join 928 other subscribers
Blog AwardsWhile I appreciate award nominations, I've chosen to not accept these awards. Your visits and comments are more than enough reward for me.
Blogs I Follow
- Will Travel For Birds
- Big Sky Walker
- Sophie on the A.T.
- Molly McCahan
- Etchart Originals
- One World, Two Feet
- Adventure 69°North
- LEISURELY LOST
- Wandering Wives
- Crazy Aunt Tracy's Corkscrew Adventures
- The Chronicles of a Ranch Diva
- lesser places
- Checking In.
- Where is Ruthi?
- Feathered Photography
Tag Archives: Montana skiing
Ranger Cabin + Caviar + Cosmopolitans = the perfect winter solstice
One of the charms of Montana is that we can live in town, but decide on the spur of the moment to rent a ranger station for the night, pack up, and be at the trailhead in a couple of … Continue reading
Posted in Adventure, Camping, Food, Hiking, Montana, Nature, Outdoors, Photography, Travel Tagged adventure, backpacks, Eagle Guard Station, food, forest service cabins, Hikes, Montana skiing, photography, travel, winter in Montana 9 Comments
A little cabin in the big snowy woods
On a cold and snowy Friday morning last January, Bill and I headed toward Chief Joseph Pass in southwestern Montana to spend the weekend at the Hogan Forest Service Cabin. Our plan was to ski in on the 3-mile Shoofly Trail. … Continue reading
Posted in Adventure, Hiking, Montana, Outdoors, Travel Tagged adventure, cross country skiing, forest service cabins, Hogan Cabin, Montana skiing, rental cabins, skiing, winter in Montana 14 Comments