- Busy Days at the Heron Rookery
- The Hungry Griz
- The Owl and the Fox
- The Wait: Life and Death in Yellowstone
- Malheur Wildlife Refuge
- The Christmas Tree Hunt
- The Montana Bird Project
- Too Close
- Up Coyote Gulch: In Through the Crack in the Wall and Out the Scary “Sneaker Route”
- Small Wonders
- Sandhill Cranes in the Smoke
- Six Days in Grizzly Country: A Backpack in the Scapegoat Wilderness
- Backpack to the “Not Unduly Spectacular.” Curly Lake, Tobacco Root Mountains.
- Bigfoot in the Park and Other Wonders of Glacier
- Travels with my Coffee Cup
Blog AwardsWhile I appreciate award nominations, I've chosen to not accept these awards. Your visits and comments are more than enough reward for me.
Blogs I Follow
- Will Travel For Birds
- Big Sky Walker
- Sophie on the A.T.
- Receiving Time
- Etchart Originals
- One World, Two Feet
- Adventure 69°North
- LEISURELY LOST
- Wandering Wives
- Crazy Aunt Tracy's Corkscrew Adventures
- The Chronicles of a Ranch Diva
- lesser places
- Checking In.
- Where is Ruthi?
Tag Archives: Montana
Fall: Kintla Lake Winter: MacDonald Creek Summer: Highline Trail, Many Glacier, St. Mary
Today we headed for the ghost town of Elkhorn so that we could snowshoe to the old Elkhorn cemetery, which is on a hilltop about a mile outside of town. The nearest town to Elkhorn is Boulder, Montana, a little town … Continue reading
Venn diagrams kind of annoy me. I mean, I get the concept – the idea of the intersection between two separate sets – but doesn’t it seem like we get a bit carried away with the need to put everything … Continue reading
I’ve never come upon a grizzly bear while hiking in the backcountry, and that’s just fine with me. I’ve backpacked a time or two in grizzly country, but never in Yellowstone or Glacier. I just know that I’d be wide-eyed … Continue reading